The church of Sagrado Corazón de Jesús
- The chapel of La Cinta
- Humilladero de la Cinta
- The Cathedral
- The church of San Pedro
- The hermitage of La Soledad
- The church of La Purísima Concepción
- The convent of Santa María de Gracia
- Church of La Milagrosa
- Convent of Hermanas de la Cruz
- The church of San Sebastian
- Monument to the Virgin of El Rocío
- The church of Sagrado Corazón de Jesús
- Brotherhood house 'El Rocio'
- Hermandad de Emigrantes
On 30 June 1923, a new parish church started being built with the support of Eustaquio Ilundáin y Esteban, Cardinal-Archbishop of Seville, in the district of El Polvorín in Huelva.
The foundation stone of this new temple, consecrated to the Sacred Heart, was blessed on 6 July 1928.
The architect of this temple was Vicente Traver Tomás.
The façade of the church is made of polished brick. The lintelled door shows a polychrome terracotta scene depicting the Epiphany in the central tympanum. There are Tuscan pilasters and counter-pilasters, which support a narrow entablature, at both sides of the door, which is also crowned by a segmental pediment with the Cardinal’s shield.
An oculus of stained glass with the Sacred Heart at its centre can be seen above. There are corbels with the monograms ‘JHS’ (Jesus Christ) and ‘Maria’ (Virgin Mary) at the laterals. This sector is crowned by a small attic consisting of a triangular pediment with three pinnacles and lateral, cut modillions. Inside, we can see a niche holding a terracotta sculpture of the Sacred Heart. The façade also shows two terracotta sculptures – Our Lady of Victory and Our Father of Humility – by the Mensaque Rodríguez Pottery Factory from Seville.
The church tower, rising at the left of the church, is a building with a quadrangular ground plan over which the bell-tower is built. This consists of three superimposed, size-decreasing bodies, crowned by four balls of polychrome terracotta and a metal cross.
The one-nave church has a vault consisting of seven transverse arches supported by pilasters. The choir rises over the only access door and the sacramental chapel lies by the altar.
This chapel, having a square ground plan and a groined vault, is decorated with an altarpiece consecrated to the Sacred Heart. This church is the seat of one of the best-known and most worshipped religious images in Huelva – Our Lady of Victory, who was crowned in 2012.